Risk Evaluation for
Risk evaluation initiated: December 19, 2016
Staff contact: Ana Corado
1-Bromopropane (1-BP) is currently undergoing risk evaluation under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA). EPA is evaluating 1-BP because the 2016 amendments to TSCA directed EPA to pick its first ten chemicals for evaluation from the TSCA Work Plan, and 1-BP is on the Work Plan. In August 2019, EPA released the draft risk evaluation for 1-BP.
In the draft risk evaluation for 1-BP, EPA did not find unreasonable risk to the environment under any condition of use. The draft risk evaluation for 1-BP shows there could be unreasonable risks to workers, occupational non-users, and consumers under certain conditions of use. According to the agency, These initial determinations may change as the evaluation becomes more refined through the public and peer review process.
On this page:
- Chemical Description of 1-BP
- Conditions of Use Included in the Draft Risk Evaluation, Problem Formulation, and Scope
- Draft Risk Evaluation
- Review of 1-BP prior to Amended TSCA
Latest posts by LisaLisa (see all)
- Recent Notices of Violation January /February 2019 - February 27, 2019
- California Introduces CASPIR App for Reporting Pesticide Complaints - November 13, 2019
- OEHHA to Task the DART-IC with Cannabis Toxicity Evaluation - May 3, 2019